Re: [ga] DNSO/GA Blocking and other concerns

Joop and all remaining assembly members,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 17:53 21/04/01 -0700, Kent Crispin wrote:
>
> >Five motions should be enough for today.  My good friend Jeff Williams
> >will be seconding these momentarily.
>
> If all else fails, ridicule and use the "JW argument".

  Lets be clear here.  I am NOT Kents "Good Friend".

> I will be coming up with a few
> >dozen more, tomorrow.  I know that some of these are going to be
> >unpopular, but I agree with you totally that it is vitally important
> >that every one of them be taken to a full vote of the GA...
> >

> I did not say that, Kent.
> But I do think that when serious members of this GA make motions and other
> members second these, the Chair should acknowledge them, perhaps open
> debate, hear opposition if any and , yes, propose a Polling Text and list
> them for a full vote if that's the outcome of the debate.
> What is so scary to you about a GA vote?
>
> The Polling Booth will enable the Chair to list 10 or even 20 of such
> motions that can go for a vote, and they can all be dealt with at the same
> time.

  Good point!  And this point has been stated time and time again...

> The Chair can act as a "leader" and drive this Assembly forward according
> to his own idea's, or he can seek a mandate from all of us.
> Especially on procedural matters, I think the latter is preferable.

  Agreed.

> At least with Voting we could move on. The GA members on the whole are sane
> enough to be trusted with their  vote. The Voters will send Rubbish motions
> to the rubbish bin.
>

> --joop
>
> The Polling Booth
> http://www.democracy.org.nz/vote1/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827