Re: [ga] DNSO/GA Blocking and other concerns

Jefsey,

>What is expected is simple and common:
>- a motion is proposed
>- the motion is seconded
>- the motion is acknowledged
>- the motion may be opposed
>- if it not opposed it is deemed accepted
>- if it is opposed it is made to a vote
>- if the vote is in favor of the motion, the motion is accepted
>- once accepted the motion is acted upon and the way it is carried out is
>subject to ML consensus or debate.

I have a comment on this, from my past experience as Chair.
Sometimes this Assembly is jumping to motions before having made any effort
to debate the issue.
IMHO, the debate of the issue has to be done *before* the presentation of
motions, and not following it.
In fact, when a motion is presented, seconded and acknowledged, there is no
further debate, if not on the wording of the motion.
So I was feeling the need of a step in the procedure that allows the Chair
"not to acknowledge the motion" because of lack of previous discussion, and
in this case to send an implicit invitation to debate (and maybe give a
deadline, at which the floor will be open for motions).

Regards
Roberto