[ga] Alternative and Competitive Roots

I suggest that the active participating members who are pro-discussion
of this topic join forces off list and write a position post and gather
petitioners to bring this matter to full discussion.

I suggest the anti-discussion members do the same in opposition to
discussing it on list.

Clearly the posts should address why the GA should be involved.

What could be gained by discussion./ What is to be lost by not
discussing.

Interested parties.

Links to the historic arguments alluded too.

We can straw vote on the pro or con of the matter, allow the chair to
decide.
Note I am not suggesting arguing the positions regarding the Roots just
whether or not and why we should formally discuss the issues.

I certainly can see why previous arguments have gotten no where, so far
it has been polarized and unstructured.  I do not think anyone can argue
that it is not important to ignorant dotcommoner internetstakeholders
such as myself, and after all you guys are supposed to be taking care of
me.

Sincerely,