RE: [ga] "All roots" (Re: Additional Mailing Lists)

False ... prove it.

> There is nothing to be gained by re-hashing the same old
> tired arguments
> that have already been re-hashed on every single mailing list that has
> anything remotely to do with this whole process (e.g., IAHC, white
> paper, etc., etc., ad naseaum).  What are the possible outcomes of any
> discussion of the so-called "alternate" roots?
>
> o ICANN BoD agrees that the so-called "alternate" roots represent a
>   legitmate claim on the namespace and grandfathers them in.

How is this going to happen if it's not discussed? Besides, at least one BoD
member is running the ORSC root zone.

> o ICANN BoD maintains their existing policy that the so-called
>   "alternate" roots represent nothing more than what they
> claim and have
>   always claimed, namely an alternate view of a global namespace,
>   perfectly reasonable in a free market.

I may be mistaken, but I thought a counter argument was recently (this
month) posted.

> There is absolutely no reason to believe that ICANN will ever change
> their position, no matter how many so-called "alternate" root
> sympathizers manage to yell and scream on the GA list or in

I severely resent this mischaracterization. The only ones screaming and
yelling are the folks that don't want to talk about it...like you. BTW, I
consider micharacterizations, name-calling, FUD, and other misdirection
techniques the equivalent of screaming, yelling, and general temper-tantrum
behavior.

> any working
> group.  There is no logical reason to continue to discuss this matter
> which has already been beaten to death over and over and over and over
> and over and over again and again and again and again...

More screaming and yelling, I see...

>  > The other alternative is to keep ruling it "off topic" and banning
>  > almost everybody.  I am not sure the GA would agree to impose that
>  > sort of a role on the list monitors.
>
> It is off-topic because there is no new information to add to
> a subject which everyone has already made up their minds on.  Every
> single person who is calling for the discussion has a vested interest in
> seeing one or another of the so-called "alternate" roots succeed, probably
because
> they have some monetary stake in it.

That is a characterization, unfounded in fact. I can prove that it's false.

> Everyone else thinks that there is
> absolutely nothing to discuss because the so-called "alternate" roots
> have always been free to publicize their own private
> namespaces and they
> have always been free to promote their views in every other forum they
> want, especially in the commercial marketplace, the only forum that
> matters.

Considering that I am one of those "Everyone", I can easily disprove you
declaration.

>  > BTW I have only included multilinguals to the extent that they are
>  > running alternative roots as I thought, with respect, should have
>  > been obvious.
>
> Multilingual DNS is a technical issue that does not belong in a
> political forum.

Not all of us are so myopic that we can't see the policy implications of
multi-lingual DNS.

Thus far, all you have stated was your personal opinion and have tried to
claim it as everyone's opinion, sans proof. Substantial discussion can be
substantially furthered if we had less of this and more reasoned argument.