[ga] FUNDING

          5. Financial Capabilities. As a non-profit organization, ICANN
operates on a cost-recovery basis. During its startup
          phase, ICANN has operated primarily on funds received from
charitable donations ($801,000 through 30 September
          1999) and unsecured borrowing ($1,025,000 through 30 September
1999). In the long term, as contemplated by the
          White Paper, its source of funding will be payments by
domain-name registries and registrars and IP address registries.
          In the fall of 1999, ICANN convened a Task Force on Funding
consisting of representatives of those entities. This task
          force recommended a set of principles by which these funding
sources would provide ICANN with $ 4,275,000 in funding
          during the fiscal year ending 30 June 2000. ICANN is currently
in the process of negotiating agreements under which the
          various entities will provide this funding; contractual
commitments for an estimated $2,500,000 have already been
          finalized, of which over half has already been received. While
there are some uncertainties in full realization of the
          contributions called for in the task force's report, ICANN
believes that its current contractually committed funding sources
          are more than sufficient to permit it to perform the IANA
function during the term of the contract.

I cannot find an alteration of this statement by Mr. Roberts.  If this
is accurate we are not near the 51% donation funding required by our IRS
status.  This raises serious APA issues.

Sincerely,