RE: Re[4]: [ga] Call for a Working Group

IMO, you are absolutely correct.  Any country, I would have to believe, is
free to use whichever root they desire.  They could even start their own.
Additionally, I also believe that ICANN will gladly recommend to the DoC,
upon the request of any country, to have that country's respective ccTLD
removed from the ICANN root systems.

In the absence of a contract with any ccTLD or gTLD carried by the ICANN
root, will PacificRoot honor any such removal request from either ICANN
regarding .com, .net, and .org, for which they do have contracts, or any
country regarding their respective ccTLD?

Regards,

Jeff
--
jeff field