RE: Re[4]: [ga] Call for a Working Group

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Jeff Field wrote:

> All this McDonalds/Burger King food talk got me thinking (a sometimes
> dangerous thing)...
>
> Today you have the ICANN root (McDonalds), the PacificRoot root (Burger
> King), and perhaps some other roots (Wendys, Jack In The Box, etc....but
> let's keep this simple).  Well, if I'm McDonalds, I don't sell Burger King
> food (unless I want to and have an agreement with Burger King that allows me
> to do so).  And, if I'm Burger King, I don't sell McDonalds food (unless I
> want to and have an agreement with McDonalds that allows me to do so).  On
> that, I think we can all agree.

No, the majority of the ccTLDs are carried in both The PacificRoot and the
ICANN root witout benefit of contract, obligation, or liability. The
PacificRoot is willing to enter into Service Level Agreements with any
additional ISO-3166 ccTLDs that seek guarantees of service and will
provide resolution for their TLDs under contract for free and in
perpetuity.

But otherwise, and in general, if it exists (a TLD) we will reslove it
anyway as a public service benefitting the Internet community at large.

But it was a nice thought Jeff and I thank you for your time and effort.

Kindest regards,

Bradley D. Thornton
Chief Technology Officer
The PacificRoot/Joint Technologies Ltd.