Re: [ga] Re: [council] Collisions in Namespace

Erica, Milton and all remaining assembly members,

  I think that such a WG would be a good idea if there are specific criterion
in advance that this WG is task to address.  I also feel that such a
WG is also a very risky idea also.  So, I would suggest that this
PARTICULAR WG be task and governed by the following
criterion:

1.) That any and all interested parties or stakeholers are able to
participate unfettered.

2.) That this WG address ONLY the areas surrounding introduction
     OF new TLD's, Registry practice, Registry/Registrar relationship,
     Registrant issues and concerns.

3.) That a full report at the end of a prescribed time be required and sent
      to the NC for their review and subsequently passed on to the ICANN
      BoD unmodified or otherwise edited. And that this report be posted
      on the DNSO Web site.

4.) That the Chair of this WG be chosen by majority vote of the WG
     Participants in the first week of it's inception.

  If any of you have other specific suggestions to make this WG more
effective please feel free to add to the criterion above....

Erica Roberts wrote:

> Hi Milton,
> Following th election of Patrick Corliss to the GA Alt Chair, the relevance
> of this topic is clear.  However, while I tend to agree with your comment
> that:
> ,given enough time and some clear guidance, such a group might achieve some
> consensus points that could bring about a temporary ceasefire .....
> the key issue is the guidance that should be provided to such a TF.
> Do you have any thoughts on this?
>
> erica

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827