Re: [ga] Question No. 1

Certainly the Countries that I have had the great pleasure of working
with consider their ccTLD a public resource.  It seems that the U.S.A.
considers .us a public resource.
It is my limited understanding that toll-free numbers are a public
resource. I also understand that they have very well defined rules
regarding - warehousing and buying and selling the numbers.

If the space is not considered a public resource then the contract
between ICANN and the DoC is null and void.

A fun thing about a public resource in the United States of America is
that there can be no discrimination in it's use.  That would mean that
the NC hearings have to be broadcast and disseminated in such a way that
my 89 year old father has equal access to it as does a techie.

It brings into play such things as the Americans with Disabilities Act,
all of the Veterans Rights, Civil Rights and as we all know the APA.

There is no doubt that the "space" is owned by the "American People".
Don't even think about whether the people want to share it in a good way
with all of the world, of course we do. And we want all of you to help
show us how to make it better for you too. From my dad to my daughter
away at college, to my twelve year old at home we love the net, because
of what it allows you to bring to us and us to bring to you. Granted it
is not always good news but don't kill the messenger. (The net told me
last week that a good friend died while I was in Hong Kong, today it
told me that China and the U.S. found a way to get along)

Now it is time that we dispensed with our bureaucrats and let the will
of "We The People" start running our net.

Sincerely