Re: [ga] Critics say VeriSign still has...

Patrick and all remaining assembly members,

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 11, 2001 11:34 AM (AEST)
> Gavin Stokes <gavin.stokes@autodesk.com> wrote:
>
> > How about shortage?  How about inflation?
>
> Shortage?    There is no shortage of dotcoms.

  Oh Really?  Says who?  You perhaps...  How many combinations
of 26 letters in the alphabet can constitute GOOD dotcom names?
Once you you have calculated that, subtract the 16m dotcoms that
have been registered already.  This leaves how many GOOD dotcoms?
Yes I would say there is s shortage as Gavin suggests...

  Next!

> Inflation?      Irrelevant.

  Irrelevant?  Really?  How so?   Well lets see now...
If there is a shortage of GOOD commercially usable dotcoms,
than the remaining dotcoms would likely be worth more.  Hence
value of GOOD commercially usable dotcoms price will likely
increase.  Verisign knows this.  Hence inflation...  So, yes
inflation is therefore relative.

  So much for a basic lesson in supply and demand.  So much
for a basic lesson in basic economics....

Next!

> Regards
> Patrick Corliss

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827