RE: [ga] percentages and numbers of cases

I think we agree on the problem (no factual knowledge) and on the available
remedy (statistics); what follows below is mainly about details...

At 01:11 09.04.2001 -0700, Roeland Meyer wrote:
>Also, one of the most damning arguments is that court cases are
>puclicly available documents and, as you indicate here, UDRP cases aren't.

I think you are mistaken on both counts :-)
court documents are not always public, due to privacy concerns.
UDRP cases are publicly documented.
http://www.icann.org/udrp/proceedings-stat.htm gives some summary stats.

What I think will not be public is WIPO's evaluation of the performance of
their panelists.

> > (BTW, wrt the "someone, somewhere" above: reports of problems
> > that have
> > domain names and WIPO/NADF/xxx docket numbers are quite a bit
> > easier to
> > discuss than "someone once reported that they had a problem".....)
>
>Neither of them are very interesting except where there are many of them
>with the same symptoms.

But a claim that there are many of them with a symptom looks SO much better
when it quotes at least a few of those that have that symptom....