Re: [ga] ICANN benefits

Russ and all remaining assembly members,

Russ Smith wrote:

> >Second, Whois was broken before that, by the RIRs.  Nothing to do with NSI
> >or ICANN.
>
> Many users see the WHOIS management as something that should be a high
> priority for ICANN who is the manager of the shared registry system.  ICANN
> has taken a long time to look at the privacy and standardization issues
> while going full steam ahead with issues that are seen to be well beyond
> their mandate.
>
> Good or bad, ICANN has been in place long enough where they have full
> responsibility for the WHOIS system for .com, .net and .org.

Exactly my point in my point to which Dave responded to (See Above).
Also see: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-full/Arc07/msg00304.html

  Dave seems to desire to just dismiss this as something that ICANN
has and had no responsibility for yet is is obvious that they do...

> Another -1.  Score -1.5.
>
> Russ Smith
> http://consumer.net

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827