RE: [ga] serious participation in ICANN processes

Kristy,

>Please list the "good things" ICANN has done so all of us are made aware of
>their good behavior.  I think it's important to note because ICANN appears
>to not be interested in the good of the public; but only their direct
>sponsors and if they are infact doing good things I for one would like to
>know about it.

Once upon a time there was a company that had the complete monopoly over the
generic TLDs, as Registry and as Registrar ;>).
It seems ages, but it was just a couple of years ago when five new
Registrars were allowed to compete with NSi at the Registrar level, and just
few months ago the basis for the introduction of new generic TLDs has been
put.

To the people like me, that have been fighting for years to achieve this
result, it seems an achievement. And it does not seem to me that it was so
obvious that ICANN could have achieved it: still in Cairo (one year ago) I
was discussing with other old-timers about what could have been the next
roadblock.

We do (at least some of us do) criticize the "OptionB" contract, but we have
to admit that it is still a long way from the "OptionZero", which was
basically "NSi has it all".

Regards
Roberto