Re: [ga] withdrawal of candidacy

Eric Weisberg wrote:

>  Ken Stubbs wrote:
>
> > am i to assume then that the vote i cast is for naught .
>
> That is an interesting question.

I think that the most important thing is to have a legitimate "selection".  It would
not due to send names to the NC which were tainted. (not that mine isn't already,
but I mean by the process)

> This issue must be resolved by the NC which created the election structure and
> time table.  But, it is something we can address by suggesting a rule to cover
> this and similar cases.

I want to put this as delicately as possible;  If the selection gives room for doubt
then the NC has a justification for picking whomever they want. For myself I have
the option of withdrawing and then making the acceptable votes unanamous for Danny
and Patrick, but that would be unanamous by default and apathy and also taint the
selection.

Even though there are many that strongly disagree with my positions, I would hope
that you would understand that I would do the job for what I perceive as the good of
the GA, even if you disagree with my views.  Therefor I would just as gladly
withdraw if it were for the integrity of the GA.

I would like to hear your thoughts, or if I hear none, that may be all the advice I
need.

Sincerely,