Re: [ga] Last minute changes to Verisign agreements

Dear DPF,
Under such circumstances and due to the importance of the issue I strongly
recommend you word a motion of defiance to the whole process the largest
number of people/organizations may sign.

The idea is not to fight against/for Plan A, Plan B, Staff, BoD ... but to
claim
loud and clear that this whole thing is not acceptable. This Document should
be written in such a way that anyone (DNSO, association, private company,
individual owner, etc... may sign it and send it to the Press, to GAC Members,
to BoD Members, to Verisign, to US and 243 countries Senators and Reps.
etc.. )

Enough is enough.

On 03:45 02/04/01, david@farrar.com said:
>I am extremely nervous about the possibility of ICANN Board having to vote on
>such huge and critical issues with less than 24 hours to analyse the changes.

Also, I strongly recommand for lawyers and politicians to look at the protocol
with USG under which VeriSIgn works. It seems to me that such speedied
things can not be so perfect that there is not a loophole somewhere.

This use of the emegency procedure becomes usual enough to have the entire
iCANN management reviewed as per the EU and Queens Counsellor review.
I think that an appropriate protest of some magnitude may help this coming
faster.

Jefsey