Re[2]: [ga] CONFLICT OF INTEREST

I see this supposed conflict of interest as a pure misunderstanding.
I think I may clarify this due to my own positions irt the TLDA.

1. The "alternative root" does not exist except in history

2. The "inclusive root" corresponds to the real Internet root
     made of zone servers description, including iCANNs, Chinese,
     ccTLDs, multiorganization TLDs (RFC 920) and private TLDs.
     cf. a previous post opposed by Harald on "religious" rather
     than on technical grounds.

3. the charter/bylaws of the iCANN ask iCANN to:

     - treat them all equal as you know
     - forbide iCANN to act as a Registry what they it does for top
       level names.
     - foster competition what they do not do in trying to
       limitate the number of TLDs. There are today 469 known
       multi-organization and private TLDs.

     As such any attempt by people like Patick Corliss, Gene
     Marsh, Leah Gallagos, Michael Fromkin and others to
     develop the TLDA  is therefore in strict conformance with the
     White Paper and the bylaws  that (current) BoD (partly) and
     Staff seem not to conform with.

4. I personnaly disagree with the TLDA initiative on several
     issues (I dont want them to become a defacto TLD registry).
     But I certainly support their approach of being a TLD
     industry professional association and representaitive.

     I certainly support that NSI and other gTLDs and ccTLDs
     become a Member, and I investigated that possibility as
     a potential supporter of the TLDA.

5. I note that :

     -  several TLDA founding members supported  the creation
        of the sTLD center of interest within the WG-Review (as
        was created the IDNH center of interest).

     -  Patrick farily campaigns with the same enthusiasm and
        dedication at the GA and at the ORSC (this lead us to
        disagree/clash several times)

6. I note that Patrick belongs first to the ccTLD community
     and that one iCANN Director holds a private TLD. If there
     was a conflict this should be first addressed. IMHO it has
     been clearly addressed by Vint Cerf saying that it was
     "not his cup of tea".

7. I wish to recall you that the official position expressed
     by the BoD at the MDR GAC meeting in response to the
     question of a Governement Delegate "how many TLDs
     may the DNS support?" is "one million". We can reasonably
     thank that among this million TLD manager, the TLDA has
     a reasonable number of potentiial Members :-) ?

8. I add that my own position is somewhat particular as I
     am setting up several multi-organization TLDs the iCANN
     will probably not acknowledge while they are described
     in RFC 920 as part of the Legacy. This means that the
     TLDA would be for my members a way to represent their
     rights *within* the iCANN itself.

     Defending Legacy rights within the iCANN policy and
     structure can hardly be qualified as a conflict of interest
     of a GA CHair candidate !!!!

Jefsey