Re: [ga] Mime-Version: 1.0

Joop,

>Personally, I think that a ticket based approach is to the benefit of
>effective  GA Chairing and it is a pity that we do not have the time to
>discuss amending the election rules to achieve a better approach.

????

The issue of elections was raised before Marina del Rey, i.e. more than four
months ago, which should have been sufficient time to discuss.

Unfortunately, we have now defined a procedure, which for the nomination
phase is the "statu quo" (individual candidates, not a ticket). I am sure
that the new Chair will keep this discussion in mind for further
modification of the election process.

On the merit of the "double nomination", may I incidentally note that
nothing prevents people to nominate both candidates, with two separate
ballots, obtaining the same effect but complying to the rules.

Regards
Roberto