Re[2]: [ga] Draft Resolution

Hello Kent,

Saturday, March 17, 2001, 9:44:26 AM, Kent Crispin wrote:

> William Walsh has pressed me to come up with what advantages I see with
> the new proposals.  There is no mystery: The advantages have actually
> all been stated: splitting off of .net and .org, cleaner contracts,
> various monetary committments, and so on.  These are clear and obvious
> advantages.

Sorry, Kent, but this doesn't wash.

Please, spell out the benefits of net and org being spun off, please
point out the flaws in the old contract and the benefits to the
internet community in the new contract provisions that address those
flaws (if they exist), etc.

You state something is an advantage, when it is NOT clear and obvious
that those are advantages.

Please back that statement up with some facts.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com