[ga] Help bring hot vegetarian meals to earthquake survivors in Gujarat!

This message is brought to you by EasyWinning and YesMail. We appreciate your membership. To modify your MyYesMail account, please see *Member Services* below.

"Here, they have a reputation like the one Mother Teresa has in Calcutta: it's not hard finding people to swear they are saints." - New York Times correspondent Michael Specter, describing Food for Life's emergency feeding program in Grozny, Chechnya.

Hello,

On Friday night my wife and I got a call from her mother. Her brother, Darshan, and his 55 year-old mother had amazingly survived the 7.9 earthquake that ripped through the Western state of Gujarat in India. "Mother was cooking," he explained, "when we heard a roaring sound and then felt a rumble. I grabbed her and rushed to a corner of the room. We stood there shaking in terror as we watched our apartment collapse around us." Standing on a 3x3 foot ledge on the fifth floor of their apartment complex, Darshan and his frail mother cried hysterically as they looked down and saw body parts and all their belongings scattered in pieces on the ground.  Miraculously, after one hour they were able to climb to the ground using a rope.  Considered to be some of the "lucky" ones to survive, like all the other survivors they will have to rebuild their lives again. "All we have left are the clothes on our back," he explained. "We don't even have shoes!"... (Read more at: http://ffl.ym0.net/re3.asp?C=21144&P=25394&E=24842429)

If you have ever thought about giving in charity, now is a very good time. Take the step to do something positive, to make a difference in someone's life. Start the new millennium in the most auspicious way possible -- give in charity!

So, please take a moment now to visit our Web site, ffl.org - http://ffl.ym0.net/re3.asp?C=21144&P=25395&E=24842429 - to learn more about Food for Life, and then choose how you would like to donate. You can write a check, wire funds directly, or fill out our secure online donor coupon. Your contribution is fully tax deductible.

On behalf of the earthquake survivors, I hope I can thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,

Paul Turner,
Director
Food For Life Global.
P.S. Act now. Join us in this noble mission to help the earthquake survivors in Gujarat.

Go to: http://ffl.ym0.net/re3.asp?C=21144&P=25396&E=24842429

(c)1995 - 2001 Food for Life Global
Food for Life Global is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization registered in the State of Maryland, USA. Tax ID: 521952901

"unsubscribe" in the subject line.