Re[4]: [ga] status of the GA

Hello marc,

Tuesday, January 30, 2001, 9:57:16 AM, marc@venster.nl wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, at 08:54 [=GMT-0800], William X. Walsh wrote:
>> Tuesday, January 30, 2001, 7:19:05 AM, Mikael Pawlo wrote:
>> > On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>> > (---)
>>
>> > Don't underestimate the Jeff Williams-factor. I think a lot of interested
>> > parties - like yours truly - got tired of the konstant rants and raves and
>> > ramblings on the GA mailinglist. The most important assignment for a new
>> > GA chair should - in my humble opinion - be to set the GA straight again
>> > and make it free from so called "trolls".
>>
>> They got rid of Baptista, and they got rid of all but one of the
>> sundry personalities of Jeff Williams.
>>
>> What more do you want?

> This is too sarcastic, William.

I think the blaming of "the Jeff Williams-factor" for lack of DNSO
participation is a very faulty statement to make, Marc.  He has posted
only 2 messages here in the month of January.  The IDNO has had to
deal with him more than the GA has.

But I was NOT being sarcastic, I was serious.  Roberto and Harald
effectively got rid of Baptista, and all but the dominant personality
of Jeff's.  While I would like to see that personality disappear as
well, the fact is that he has a right to participate, even under a
pseudonym, provided he abides by the same rules we do.

I don't see JW has being a factor at all in the apathy in the DNSO.
The problem in the DNSO goes much deeper, and I think the JW comment
incorrectly trivializes the real issues.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com