Re: [ga] status of the GA

Greg,

>There has been virtually no activity on this list for the past month. I
>believe that the chair's term has expired. Could someone clarify
>and  update this, please?

Indeed, my term has expired, and due to increasing work and personal
committments started in 2001 I am looking forward to a relay.

I raised the problem already in fall 2000, and the issue is the election of
the new chair. If we follow the current rules, the GA should nominate some
candidates, with the NC electing the Chair among the candidates.
I personally think that the GA should instead elect its chair directly,
except that this needs a change in the ICANN bylaws. As I said at the ICANN
meeting in Marina del Rey, I could wait for a couple of months to allow the
new procedure to be put in place.

This said, thanks for having raised the issue, because I have the impression
that nothing moves, and that therefore we may found ourselves at the next
meeting at more or less the same point.

In a previous message, I was wondering whether we should have a formal vote
on the subject (Re:  http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc06/msg00061.html),
but I had only one reply, and it was on a different part of the message.

What would you conclude if not that there is not a great interest in the
matter?

Regards
Roberto