Re: [ga] Season greetings from the Chair

Wishing you happy holidays to Roberto and GA members,
I want to invite GA members to challenging Review WG.

> * DNSO Review
>
> A WG has been created on this subject. Due to the very strict deadline
> (2000-01-15), we may want to organize our contribution soon. Personally, I
> believe that the deadline does not make a lot of sense: with the holidays
in
> between, it will give only few working days to come to conclusions. The
> question arises: why does it take six months to set up a WG, that must
> produce results in less than four weeks? There might be an answer.

Dec. 19 - 22 : Review WG was formed by NC and its press
                       release have been prepared.

Dec. 23 - 26 : The press release was announced through
                       icann-announce list on Dec. 23 and WG members
                       had its brief and informal introduction session.

Dec. 27 - Jan 15: WG Discussion and (Interim) Report.

    - "Charter Discussion" formalization.
    - Timeframe issue
    - "How to produce WG report until Jan 15?"

Together with its brief description on Review WG progress above
in the middle of holiday season, it is a great pleasure to let GA know
Review WG slowly approaches to the below issues.

> * the GA-Chair election method ... [snip]
> the petition from the GA (physical meeting) to the Board directly

> * Individual Constituency
> The eternal question: how to proceed in order to have *real* progress?

Happy 2001 to all of you!
YJ