[ga] Season greetings from the Chair

Hi.

Happy holidays to everybody.
Season greetings to all those who have something to party about: Christmas
for Christians, the end of Ramadan for Moslems, New Year for those on the
Western Calendar.... and a nice time to everybody.

I am partly off mail, and I will still be so in the next week.
As soon as the holiday season will be over, we will have a lot of things to
take care of, like:

* the GA-Chair election method
I will remind the ICANN Board of the petition from the GA (physical meeting)
to reconsider the election method in the Bylaws.
At the same time, it will be good to set up a formal vote to endorse this
petition - I think it may give it more weight.

* GA-Chair election
as soon as the method is agreed upon.

* DNSO Review
A WG has been created on this subject. Due to the very strict deadline
(2000-01-15), we may want to organize our contribution soon. Personally, I
believe that the deadline does not make a lot of sense: with the holidays in
between, it will give only few working days to come to conclusions. The
question arises: why does it take six months to set up a WG, that must
produce results in less than four weeks? There might be an answer.

* Individual Constituency
The eternal question: how to proceed in order to have *real* progress?

* Anything else?

See you in the next millennium (julian calendar)

Regards
Roberto