From: Harald Alvestrand [mailto:Harald@Alvestrand.no]
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2000 10:01 PM
To: Darrell Greenwood; ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN - CCTLD Fight Growing

At 18:15 01/12/2000 -0800, Darrell Greenwood wrote:
>ICANN - CCTLD FIGHT GROWING
>The BBC provides coverage of the growing dispute between
>ICANN and country code domains, who are unhappy with paying
>large fees for little in return.
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1043000/1043509.stm
>-

so far, I have seen little evidence of the fight growing; it's been the
same size at least since June.
It is the reporting about it that is growing bigger.
OTOH, I have also seen no real progress. This is bad.

What I'm afraid of is that the newspaper articles will make it harder for
the participants to back down to a reasonable compromise.

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
+47 41 44 29 94