Re: [ga] DNSO General Assembly call to change seating rule

The group is pursuing primarily technical requirements for enhanced query
capabilities.  The IETF was quite aware of the activity, as it should be.

When has the DNSO been involved in technical issues?

d/

At 11:04 PM 11/12/00 -0500, Kendall Dawson wrote:
>) Ken Stubbs is on the "Whois Committee for the DNSO" ??  [ This was
>revealed at the 19 October teleconference of ICANN's Names Council. Mr.
>Touton described it as - "just a group of people that...of various
>interest...who the ICANN staff asked to get together and try to formulate
>some proposals or ideas that might then be passed as appropriate to either
>the Names Council or the ICANN staff, depending on whether it's a policy
>matter or an implementation matter." This "informal" group was unknown
>even to the DNSO's secretariat
>[http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann3.html#8]. The only other known
>reference to this group is a message from Michael Palage to the DNSO's
>registrars' mailing list.  It is odd that we have never heard of it or its
>activities and that this "committee" has a scope so broad that its
>recommendations will be sorted on an ad hoc basis into "policy" or
>"technical" procedures and channels.]

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464