Re: [ga] DNSO General Assembly call to change seating rule

Kendall and all remaining assembly members,

  Kendall, there is no need to apologize for anything.  Especially in thwarting

SELECTIVE CENSORSHIP as well as calling also for Ken Stubbs
resignation.  We [INEGRoup] support your reasons (Stated below)
for doing so as well and quite a history of Ken Stubbs activities over
the past two years.

Kendall Dawson wrote:

> At 11:35 AM 11/11/00 -0800, Kent Crispin wrote:
> >But pointless resolutions demanding that
> >Directors resign etc have undone all that.
>
> Kent,
>
> If you are referring to my forwarded message from Jeff Williams -- I
> apologize to Mr. Stubbs and the rest of the list. It was not my intention
> to engage in name-calling or personal attacks on Ken Stubbs. But, the
> reasons behind my support of Mr. Stubbs' resignation are NOT pointless and
> are completely credible.  It bothers me that according to ICANN's by-laws
> [article V-7] conflicts of interest are prohibited. But, the supporting
> organizations (and specifically the NC Chair) do not have to adhere to any
> sort of "conflict-of-interest policy"?
>
> Here are my reasons for supporting Ken Stubbs' resignation as the Chair of
> the Names Council:
> ----------------------------
>
> 1) A person by the name of Kenyon T. Stubbs is a 5% (or more) shareholder
> of iDomains, Inc which submitted an application to operate new TLDs (.biz /
> .ebiz / .ecom ).  Not surprisingly , the evaluation team concluded that
> this application "merited further review".  A "Notice of Material Change of
> Circumstances Regarding Ownership"
> (http://www.icann.org/tlds/biz3/notice.html) was posted by ICANN just
> before midnight on 7 November, barely two days before ICANN posted the
> results of its review of the proposals,  Report on TLD Applications. [The
> same person??]
>
> 2) Ken Stubbs, is a member of the Board of Afilias who has submitted an
> application to operate new TLDs ( .info / .site / .web).
>
> 3) Ken Stubbs is the Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Internet
> Council of Registrars (CORE) who's members (if selected by ICANN) will
> profit handsomely from sale of new top domain names.
>
> 3) Ken Stubbs is on the "Whois Committee for the DNSO" ??  [ This was
> revealed at the 19 October teleconference of ICANN's Names Council. Mr.
> Touton described it as - "just a group of people that...of various
> interest...who the ICANN staff asked to get together and try to formulate
> some proposals or ideas that might then be passed as appropriate to either
> the Names Council or the ICANN staff, depending on whether it's a policy
> matter or an implementation matter." This "informal" group was unknown even
> to the DNSO's secretariat
> [http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann3.html#8]. The only other known
> reference to this group is a message from Michael Palage to the DNSO's
> registrars' mailing list.  It is odd that we have never heard of it or its
> activities and that this "committee" has a scope so broad that its
> recommendations will be sorted on an ad hoc basis into "policy" or
> "technical" procedures and channels.]
>
> 4) And, finally, as a member of Working Group C, I was not satisfied with
> the explanation given by the Names Council for making a year's worth of
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#