Re: [ga] Voting rules, take 4

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> If we have three proposals, and they get 49/26/25, what should we do?
> Shall we say that there's no consensus, and therefore we will never have
>  a voting procedure?
> Maybe in this case a good model will be to vote separately "Y/N" on each
>  of the three, and pick the one that has more "Yes" (provided that the
> "Yes" are above 50%).
>
> Fair enough?

Please notice what we are doing.  First, we argue that there is no time to
discuss and implement the IRV (Instant Run-off Voting) system which address
such issues (not to mention STV to deal with multi-seat elections).  Then,
we propose other methods of doing so.  I move that we put all propositions
up for a vote using IRV and see what happens.
begin:vcard
n:Weisberg;Eric
tel;cell:903.814.7602
tel;fax:903.465.2976