[ga-full] Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: [Fwd: [ga] [Admin] Restoration of posting rights for JeffWilliams]]]

WXW and all remaining assembly members,

 I authorized Mark to forward my post if he felt it was reasonable and
prudent to do so in this instance.  I also authorize him to do so with this
post as well if he feels it is prudent to do so in this instance.

William X. Walsh wrote:

> Hello Mark,
>
> Tuesday, May 30, 2000, 5:25:17 PM, you wrote:
>
> MM> FYI. List members can decide whether JW has been unfairly sanctioned
>
> MM> (i) by being accused clandestinely of offences that are unproven
> MM> (ii) being banned for offences of which he has not been publicly
> MM> accused.
>
> MM> Such misuses of authority concern all, as all are potential victims.
>
> MM> As such this is a matter of concern to anyone in their right mind and I
> MM> forward JW's
> MM> post to the list.
>
> Jeff Williams is suspended from this list.  Now you circumvent the
> rules and forward his posts here, thus making the rules ineffective.
>
> I don't know what the interpretation of the rules says about this
> behavior.  I know we have a precedent that forwarding an offensive
> post from someone who has been suspended is a violation of the rules,
> and the person in question was suspended (JW as a matter of fact) for
> the act.
>
> Should the rules also cover those who seek to make the rules
> ineffective by forwarding posts of those who are suspended to the list
> thus circumventing the effect of the rules?
>
> I say yes.  And this can be considered a complaint of the same.
>
> Regardless of whether you agree with the decision, as a member of
> this body you have a responsibility to abide by the rules and honor
> them.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#