[ga-full] Re: [ga] Re: Single Letter Domains

At 14:52 27.05.2000 -0700, John Kaufman wrote:
>Dear Mr. Roberts, the ICANN Board of Directors, DNSO, and Other Interested
>Parties:
>
>This email constitutes an official demand for the sale of "k.com" to the
>undersigned without delay. Regardless of what many at your and your
>supporting organizations have said to me about the procedures and policies
>surrounding the single-letter domain matter, the entire issue is obviously
>moot given that precedent has been firmly set with respect to the
>registration of four single-letter domains -- in this case, to four
>separate and private parties.
>
>Once again, this email constitutes an official demand for the sale of
>"k.com" to the undersigned without delay.

Given the evidence that other single-letter domains have been allocated
quite recently in the domains administered by NSI, I now think that the
necessary next step is for NSI to explain their policy of allocation of
these domains, since I do not understand it.

ICANN has (IMHO) no business interfering in single allocations; the
question of who is going to own "k.com" is IMHO not an ICANN matter.
The question of what policy to follow is (IMHO) a matter where ICANN may
have input.

                      Harald A

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no