[ga-full] RE: [ga] About GA membership again......

Roberto,

Well said. I really appreciate what you and others are doing (as
individuals) in order to try to create some structure into the DNSO.

I see your point. But. The "power" of IETF is that they have a scaleable
process on how to start and finish focused WGs, in several Areas. Anyone can
participate, and if someone wants to destroy the process, he can try to do
that in one or two WGs, but it is "impossible" to jam the whole structure.

I am afraid that if we allow anyone with a DNS hobby in one way or another,
or, allow any individual (perhaps a 0.0x % of them wants to destroy the
process) to use the DNSO GA for their individual purpose, there will be
chaos. Unless the DNSO has a focused, self-regulatory structure like the
IETF.

Basicly, I think you are right, there are individuals who are needed in the
DNSO GA. The procedure for "consensus building" of the DNSO has to be
strengthened, and I think the enforced rules for this list is a step in the
right direction.

If formal voting is a part of the "consensus building" process of the DNSO
GA, it is my opinion that for the time being, that only member organizations
should be allowed to vote, according to the membership database.

> Incidentally, in my programme before elections, this is what I put in
> light, and this is what I still maintain is my first priority.
>

> Regards
> Roberto

Best regards,
Alf H