[ga-full] Re: [ga] About GA membership again......

At 18:09 31/03/00 -0800, Kent Crispin wrote:
>On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 01:46:33PM +1200, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>[...]
>> They are not represented in the constituencies on the NC, because the
>> interim ICANN Board so far  has refused to consider their petition to be
>> recognized as a constituency.
>
>You are confusing your "cyberspace association/IDNO" with "individual
>domain name owners" in general.  Individual domain name owners, as a
>potential constituency, have not presented a petition to ICANN.  Your
>organization does not credibly represent individual domain name owners.

No *other* petition for IDNO representation has been made to ICANN.

The ICANN Board could have conceded in principle that Individual DN owners
should be given a representative voice on the Names Council.
It could have said that our organization was not credible and why it
thought it was not and what should be done about it.

Instead it chose to ignore the petition altogether.

To attack the extremely difficult volunteer organizational effort or to
discredit the prime movers of this effort is easy, but not relevant as far
as the principle of IDNO representation is concerned.

The attackers seem to have all time of day to sit behind their screens.
They use this time to destroy and discourage participation, not to help
building. They do not want *any*  democratic bottom-up organization of
Individual Domain Name Owners to succeed.

The other constituencies, such as the NCDNHC or the "business" constituency
did not have instant credibility either, but their recognition by ICANN has
helped them along and encouraged their organizing effort.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , founder  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org  (or direct:)
http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/