[ga-full] RE: [ga] About GA membership again......

Harald,

Agree.

> I think most GA members will be At Large members (they want to be heard
> there too),

Yes, I am also an AT-large memeber, just in case. I am a DNSO member because
I represent a ccTLD and I am a part of the ccTLD Constituency. Can somebody
please explain why individuals (not connected to any organization in a DNSO
constituency) should be represented with voting rights in DNSO GA?

(I may step into a can-of-worms her, but I just want to hear the arguments,
and perhaps be convinced to change my mind....)

> but that the opposite is unlikely, if only because
> the GA does
> not have the wish or the means to have membership drives.
>
> An At-Large member is expected to vote for representatives who choose
> candidates to the ICANN board once a year or so. A GA member is (I think)
> expected to take a position on various issues brought to a GA vote -
> probably on the order of magnitude of once a month or so.

I am sure that when the At-large comes into full operations there will be
many issuse brought up to the full membership. I am not sure how many votes
there will be during the year, but there will certainly be many
possibilities for individuals to have influence on the process.

Why should individuals be represented both in the At-large and in the DNSO
GA as individuals? Persons should certainly be able to be both an individual
in At-large, and represent an organization in the DNSO GA. But why be an
individual in borh?

> My guess.
>
>                         Harald
>
> --
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
> Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no

Best regards,
Alf H
.NO