[ga-full] New gTLDs [Was: RE: [ga] Older registrations]

Simon Higgs wrote:

>I apologize to Harald & Elisabeth for the diversion from GA business.

I believe that I contributed myself very much to this "diversion from GA
 business" with my original question about "why?" we are still here
discussing about the "if" new gTLDs are going to be added sometimes
soon.

In fact, my intention was not to trigger this interesting but not very
productive "the way we were" thread, but to push people that may (still)
 have an interest in the introduction of new gTLDs to seriously thinking
 why the efforts of the past have not brought the hoped results, and as
a consequence what were the mistakes that had to be avoided to be more
succesful in the future.

What puzzles me most is the fact that the "candidate-Registries" seem to
 me (please correct me if I am wrong) arguing more on the relative
rights and priorities over competing parties than trying to join forces
to win the resistence of the forces that oppose the introduction of new
gTLDs altogether.

This strategy seems suicide to me.

Regards
Roberto