[ga-full] Re: [ga] About GA membership again......

Joop and all assembly members,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 14:52 22/03/00 +0100, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>

> >- The DNSO General Assembly is composed of those persons who want to be
> >   members of that assembly.
> >

> Yes. Does that mean that in Yokohama there will be a signup form at the
> entrance of the meeting room?

  Signup for what?  The meeting?  Or???

> >- In order to be a member, one must send an email to the Keeper of the
> >   Membership List (a secretariat function) asking to become a member,
> >   and giving:
> >   - Name
> >   - Country of residence
> >   - Optionally, company affiliation and/or city of residence
> >   - Email to be used for balloting
> >   All the information except the email will be made public.
> >
> Elisabeth is no longer doing the secretariat function, is she? To whom will
> we address our emails?

  I think there needs to be an opt out on address information here as well.
Otherwise there would be a violation of the privacy act in the US.

> Will this list be immediately visible on the dnso website, as the list is
> built? (something I do for idno -members with a little lag, depending on my
> time)
>
> >- A Member can be removed from the Membership list by:
> >   - A request from the Member to be removed
> >   - A procedure (to be defined) for dealing with fraudulent registrations
> >
> >- A Member has the right to vote in a GA vote.
> >   A Member has the duty to receive GA vote ballots, and to keep his
> >   registration info updated.
> >
> >This point set is incomplete (particularly the definition of fraudulent
> >registration), but I thought it time to get comments on a proposal.
> >
> Harald, it's best to keep it simple.
> Better close the open ends a.s.a.p.
> I don't think there is a need to make a big issue out of perceived multiple
> personalities and allow this to hold up the formation of a working
> membership list.

  I agree with you strongly here Joop.  In that Harald and Roberto are already
fraudulently acting in an semi-official capacity and that these procedures to
which
Harold is proposing are not yet approved by the now existing membership, such
unilateral actions would also therefore be fraudulent as well.

> --Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , founder  of
> the Cyberspace Association,
> the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
> http://www.idno.org  (or direct:)
> http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com