[ga-full] Re: [aso-policy] RE: [aso-comment] IP address holders - are they represented?

!Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:

DEar All

> Well - Michael - this is one of my concerns - the people involved in this.
>
> Conrad along with Vixie took over the BIND maintenance.  The result of
> that is every BIND since 4.9.4 has been buggy.  In fact BIND is to a large
> extent the unix joke version of gates windows.

I feel that I need to say some thing here. BIND may not be the best
product that can be but it is acceptable for the time being and
available free to all of us. If any one is unhappy about it he(she) can
always come out with some thing better and offer to all of us. Bill Gate
had made(and continue to make) a lot of money with his Windows but I
don;t think our friends had made any fortune with BIND yet!!!
It is very unfair to laugh at them when they had provided free and
voluntary efforts!

> Further to that - I have the man lying in public about PCCF.  Disgraceful
> - although good for marketing purposes.  I don't feel confident that ARIN
> can properly represent my IP interests under the circumstance, nor am I
> happy with the fact that no direct vehicle exists.

Good, then go and do some thing with the ARIN members. Or set up an
alternative organization to represent you and your peers.

> It's just another ICANN power trip.  ARIN has never advised me that I
> could be a member - it has never solicited my participation, and yet these
> are serious issues which clearly affect the IP infrastructure and the
> whole internet community, very shameful situation we have here.

I can't comment here as I am not a member of ARIN and don't know how
they work. Do they have your info as a potential eligible member?
HOwever, I feel that you should seek any redress you feel justifiable
directly with ARIN and if still not satisfied maybe you should gang up
with the other ARIN members and potential members to work out a suitable
solution among yourselves. It has nothing to do with ICANN.
Regards.

> Regards
> Joe Baptista
>
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Michael Sondow wrote:
>
> > David R. Conrad wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm curious: have you complained to the FCC about not having democratic
> > > representation in the allocation of E.164 addresses to end users?  How 'bout
> > > to the IEEE in the allocation of 802.3 addresses?
> >
> > David Schutt's intelligent reply to this just about says it all. I
> > would only add that the relinquishment of democratic rights in one
> > area of communications, even if it were true, is hardly a good
> > argument for relinquishing them in all other areas. If your argument
> > were sound, we might as well abandon the democratic ideal altogether
> > and turn over our lives to the dictators. Is that what you'd like to
> > see?
>
> *       on-line archive: http://aso.icann.org/wilma-bin/wilma/aso-policy     *

KS LIM
LOGIC GROUP OF COMPANIES