[ga-full] Re: [aso-policy] RE: [aso-comment] IP address holders - are they represented?

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, David R. Conrad wrote:

> IPv4 address allocation is based on technical considerations that relate to
> management of a limited (albeit one can argue not currently scarce) resource
> and the implications the allocation of that resource has on the Internet
> routing system.  The allocation of IPv4 addresses has _NEVER_ been democratic,
> it has been and is driven by the physics of the Internet.

No - that's misinformation and in your case a lie.  The IPv4 address
blocks were handed out by postel to a large extend as good merit badges to
his friends.  We all know the facts on that Conrad, and that's why the
IPv4 system is suffering such scarcity - and the reason why the IETF is
running around like scared bunnies trying to get IPv6 to work - which it
won't.

> What I would like to see is continued reliance on technical considerations for
> the allocation of IPv4 address space rather than a system that relies on
> politics.

Unacceptable.  You can not run from politics when you try to effect
control.  It's a well established fact you know.

Regards
Joe Baptista