Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 04:32:29 -0500 (EST)
From: !Dr. Joe Baptista <baptista@pccf.net>
To: "Eng.\\ Ahmed Mohy El-Din Ahmed Nasr"
Subject: Re: We All Respect our President, So we Respect our Country.,
     Stop your silly letters

Dear Dr. Eng. Nasr:

I would ask that you take the time to carefully read my messages to you
and not make these embarrasing assumptions, which i have addressed here in
detail.  I however want to make it very clear that your rudeness is
inexcusable.  Kindly mind your manners in future.

First of all - I have no idea what homepage you are reffereing to.  If you
mean the page published at http://www.earth-net.net/mahir-icann/ , then
let me make it very clear to you that I find such allegation slanderous,
frivolous, vexatious and libel.  Those are not my pages sir.  Those pages
came to my attention recently that president Mubarak was being slandered
for his participation in ICANN.

I sir am not impressed by these pages and find them an embarrasment to the
president and his government.  I sir am a strong supporter of the Arab
people.  And that support took an active role during the russian war in
afganistan.  So Eng. Nasr I ask that you not insult me with your gibberish
and concentrate instead on the issue of importance.

Obviously I have failed in my duty to educate you.  Therefore I will take
the time now to explain again the facts as they relate to President
Mubarak.

I believe that the slander contained at;

	http://www.earth-net.net/mahir-icann/

is inappropriate.  Indeed President Mubarak is a good man who has
navigated Egypt through a difficult time in it's evolution.  Which begs
the question - why is Mubarak risking public embarrasment by associating
with an entity which is now well know as being the most corrupt
organization on the internet.  These are not my words Eng. Nasr, these are
the words of respect members of the internet community.

Technology (CDT) and Common Cause on how voices from the worldwide
Internet community can best be represented in the Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN),
http://www.commoncause.org/icann/study.htm, the Domain Name Rights
Coalition today announced ICANN has serious problem and is failing to
represent the internet community.

Groups like the well known ICIIU are actively protesting and accusing
ICANN of breaking the US law (which see http://www.iciiu.org/Protest.htm)
Cook - a well respect internet analyst is warning against ICANN in his
April 2000 COOK Report on Internet at http://cookreport.com/09.01.shtml
Essays, pp. 23- 27.

But if this does not convince you sir, then what about the simple fact
that ICANN is determined white and anglo saxon while the arab world has to
wait to share in the internets riches?  How will the arab world see
Mubarak if he supports an organization which refuses to exand the full
potential of the internet to the arab population.

I don't know if you understand the issues here Eng. Nasr.  I will try to
explain.  Your email address contains two parts.  A login address and the
domain name, in your case it is iti-idsc.gov.eg.  Now - are you aware that
the domain name system which ICANN regulates can now support ISO8859-6
(Arabic), which includes Arabic (ar) Persian (fa) Pakistani and Urdu
(ur).  This means Eng. Nasr that you can have an arabic email address, you
can have an arabic domain name.  Don't you think Eng. Nasr that it would
be a benefit to the people and government of Egypt to be able to
communicate and navigate the internet in their own language, instead of
being restricted to english.

Well the facts Eng. Nasr is that ICANN refuses to incorporate this into
the domain name system and they have been avoiding for months the question
of creating the domain name .eu on behalf of the european union.

It's all on record Eng. Nasr.  One only has too look.  Indeed I think the
only reason that Mubarak is giving his attention to this abortion of the
United States government is that he has no idea, no intellegence of what
they are about.

The internet is also in the dark over this.  If internet users were fully
aware of the criminal aspects of this organization the results would be
more devastating then the battle of Seattle, if you remember the last WTO
meeting.

I in fact am urging the government of Egypt to take a stand through
President Mubarak and demand the introduction of Arabic into the Domain
Name Structure that ICANN regulates.

Kindest regards
Joe Baptista