[ga-full] Re: [IFWP] [IPN] ICANN asked to create .union, .sucks and other newTLDs (fwd)

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Michael Sondow wrote:

> A more honest approach would be for CPT and Essential Org to simply
> create those domain names, serve them from the alternate root
> servers like vrx.net and/or NameSpace, and announce to the public
> that they were available. Since when do the taxpayers and union
> members ask the stooges of big business like Dyson & Co. for
> permission?

I agree - to ask ICANN is to assume they have control - which they
don't.  I fully support what Michael has said here.  Start up your
registry - get a listing in one or all of the new root server
confederations, and give icann an invitation to list you.

If they don't - just tell your users to switch roots - or to ask their dns
admins to pickup a new root cache for one of the root server operators.

The europeans are already testing thier own root server system if icann
fails to give them .eu.

Regards
Joe Baptista