[ga-full] Re: [ga] Who has standing

Jean-Michel and all Assembly members,

Jean-Michel Becar wrote:

> Kent and Nii,
>
> Please don't say that I said that developing countries doesn't have a stake
> in the DNS story , I just said that everybody who is aware of the DNSO and
> ICANN has at least 20 dollars in pocket to participate!!! That's something
> different. Because to be aware of ICANN you need at least a computer and a
> modem, isn't it?

  Well you don't necessarily have to own a computer and a modem, but have
access to one.  I make that distinction because some people share computers,
as do some small companies.  Many share internal networks as well.

> About the At Large : it costs nothing so no problem for everybody to
> participate. You still need a computer and a modem so what about people not
> having that materiel?????? and they have a stake because those are the
> future user and buyer of domain names !!!!!!

  Yes they do.

> But if we need resources to build a DNSO GA membership structure, MAY BE we
> will need some money and I think 20$ is reasonable and we can also study the
> case of people not having the money for example people coming from
> developing countries but IMHO I don't think that people who don't have 20$
> really care about the DNSO -- that's different of they don't have a stake --
> because those people are first looking for food, water, or how to make their
> lands productive before to go to buy a computer and a modem !!!

  Well people that don't have $20 to spare, may still care about the DNS and the

internet as a whole, to include the DNSO.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894