Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 08:05:32 -0500
From: baptista@pccf.net
To: sherif@tso-mohp.gov.eg
Subject: Mubarak's address to ICANN -

Hello:

I am contacting you in respect of your position as an employee of the
Government of Egypt.  I have recently been exposed and subjected to a
great slander I found at http://www.earth-net.net/mahir-icann/

Not only is this information an embarrassment to President Mubarak, it
is also a national disgrace.  It is understandable that President
Mubarak's decision to support ICANN - the Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers - would result in this scandal.  ICANN is a
creature of the United States Government designed to take control of
the internet on behalf of large corporate interests.  ICANN is also
hated by every internet user who knows of it's existance and intended
purpose.

What is not understandable is that a well respected international
person of President Mubarak's stature would subject himself to
supporting an organization so steeped in scandal which serves the
sole interests of the United States government.

ICANN has continually denied the Arab world, as it has denied the
European Union, the rights to participate in providing the world
with an effective means of communicating in natural language.  If ICANN
wanted the arab world could easily communicate in their own languages.
But for now, we have to communicate in english, until ICANN feels
otherwise.

I will be looking forward to Mr. Mubarak's address to ICANN

Kindest regards
Joe Baptista