Re: [ga-full] Re: [ga] www.dnso.org/archives.html

The page describes as "GA with rules" all traffic on the GA list from its
inception.  My understanding is that during that period, the actual series
of events is -- more or less -- something like this.  I don't know the
exact dates.

Period 1: no filtering at all
Period 2: ad hoc secret filtering without any "rules" written down
anywhere
Period 3: no filtering while rule-set debated
Period 4: current rule-set

Whatever the exact state of affairs, as I understand matters it is not the
case that there were filtering "rules" at all relevant times from July 3,
1999.  Indeed, there were no "rules" until the current period.

It seems to me uncontroversially good to accurately describe historical
events.  If my description above is not right, I'd be happy to have the
person/people who know put in the correct one -- with the relevant dates.

I don't think this is a very difficult work item.  I have mentioned it
before on this list, and I can't see why fixing it should take more than
10 minutes.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 02:28:23PM -0500, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
> > I note, for the record, that the inaccurate descriptions of the history of
> > filtering ("rules") for this list are still appearing on this page.
>
> Inaccurate how?

                        -->It's warm here.<--