[ga-full] Domain Insurance

I've censored this document to protect the various parties.  However - I
feel domain insurance is a issue that's long overdue.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:56:41 -0500 (EST)
From: !Dr. Joe Baptista <baptista@pccf.net>
Subject: Re: [IFWP] The end of ICANN - i've made a decision

I'd like to decline.  I do think that insurance for domain names is a good
idea which can be immediately implimented by insurers or groups of
insurers.  I'm sure someone out there is thinking of it or implimenting
the process now.  I don't agree with having domain insurance as part of
the registration process.  It should be separate and people should have
the right to shop around.  I have no problem with registrars implimenting
it as a part of the registration process if domain insurance is offered as
an option.

As far as your offer of money is concerned, my only interest is to use
funds for the purpose of bringing public attention to the process -
ICANN.  And in so doing solicit participation by internet users in the
electoral process.  However - I understand from prior correspondence
between us that the financing will not be targeted at voter or electoral
efforts - therefore I must decline on behalf of Planet Communications and
Computing Facility.

I have discussed your proposal with <censored> - who acts as an advisor to
PCCF.  You may wish to approach him on the subject of Domain
Insurance.  His association with the <censored> and alternate roots may
provide your associates with better leverage in this area and the ability
to meet your respective goals.

Regards
Joe Baptista