[ga-full] Re: [ga] Matters to discuss

At 12:30 21.02.00 -0800, Jeff Williams wrote:
>Harald and all,
>
>Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>
> > Now that the list is a quiet place to work, it would be a shame if we still
> > couldn't get any work done.......
> >
> > the immediate questions confronted by the GA (and therefore valid items for
> > discussion on the GA list) are:
> >
> > - Who are the GA members?
>
>   I believe this has already been determined when folks subscribed to the
>DNSO GA list or the DNSO Announce list.  This was also already announced
>on the DNSO Announce list as well if I recall.

I think we need to nail it down a bit further than that.

Some of the members of the DNSO GA and Announce list are list
redistribution points or archivers. Those functions obviously don't have
any ambition about being members, but some of the people who read list
traffic via those mechanisms might want to be counted as members, even
though they aren't on the list.

I take it we all agree that the GA members are human beings, acting for
themselves (no corporations as GA members, one man = one vote)?
And that we accept the risk that some organization with ten thousand
members might want to sign them all up to the GA and "take it over" - that
it's so unlikely this would happen that we don't see a reason to guard
against it?
(or - that if this happened, they would be welcome to it?)

                      Harald A

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no