[ga-full] Re: [ga] GA Rules don't go far enough

Kent Crispin writes:
 > On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 07:16:53PM -0800, Joe Kelsey wrote:
 > > !Dr. Joe Baptista writes:
 > >  > On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Joe Kelsey wrote:
 > Joe, if I may be so bold -- the existence of list rules doesn't mean
 > that you have to pay attention to everybody.

I was specifically ignoring the personal parts of his mail and trying to
respond to the other parts.

I feel it is important that we emphasize the "expert" portions of our
"charter", which is why I felt it necessary to bring up the professional
society comparison.  I do not think this is a professional society the
same way that ACM or IEEE is, but rather a loose confederation of
prodessionals from many different areas of expertise, just as you have
said in your message.  I really was only drawing the comparison,
initially, to suggest a method of validating e-mail addresses, and the
topic took on its own life!

I think it is an interesting change from other topics...

/Joe