[ga-full] Re: [ga] GA Rules don't go far enough

Joe K. , Joe and all,

  I think that membership dues is a great idea.  For the DNSO and ICANN
they need to be as high as possible to keep the "Little People" out, at least
$5k per year minimum.  Than Joe Kelsey and William will have to come
up with some real $$ instead of babble...

  Hell, I belong to a country club that costs more than $5k/year!  Chump
change!  And a high membership due cost would keep things more
wholesome or should I say dot.wholesome!  >;) Oh yes and Joe Kelsey,
if $5k is a bit for you to come up with, I will give you a loan on for a lean
on your house or something else of equivalent value.  My interest rates
are reasonable.  >;)

!Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Joe Kelsey wrote:
>
> > All professional societies avoid the problemof identity simply by the
> > fact that they charge for membership.  If you have to pay for something,
>
> Not true - and very misleading.  Many organizations do not charge for
> membership - some do.  This is also not a professional society - this is
> the general assembly of the dnso of icann.  Check the bylaws if your
> confused.  We are not a professional society nor should you mislead the
> assembly with such speculation.
>
> The GA has become a bit of a club - that I give you - but a club is also
> not a society, and in this case not very ICANN legal.
>
> Regards
> Joe Baptista

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com