[ga-full] Re: [ga] [Admin] Removal of monitoring for Joe Baptista

Dave and all DNSO'ers,

Dave Crocker wrote:

> At 10:19 AM 2/13/2000 -0800, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
> >I'm confused Harald. You are allowed to act as both accusor and judge?
>
> Please review my discussion note on this topic.  It is entirely ineffective
> to have a "judicial" process for this sort of problem.  The most that is
> feasible is after-the-fact accountability.

  After what fact or facts?

> Consider the denial-of-service attack that has been going on with a number
> of major ISPs this past week, or so.  Would you like to require that they
> go through a cumbersome legal process before being allowed to stop the
> actions that are preventing them from being able to do business?

  Of course not Dave. No one is even remotely suggesting this.
Your point exactly is?

> >This is exactly the reason that one individual should not be deciding who
> >is filtered from the list.
>
> Unless, of course, you want the filtering to be useful.

  That is why individual filtering is avalible for many purposes such as
mailing list members.

> d/
>
> =-=-=-=-=
> Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
> Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
> Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
> 675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA
>
> Gong Xi Fa Cai   /  Selamat Tahun Baru Cina

Bob Davis
INEGRoup-West Director