[ga-full] Re: [ga] [Admin] Removal of monitoring for Joe Baptista

At 10:19 AM 2/13/2000 -0800, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
>I'm confused Harald. You are allowed to act as both accusor and judge?

Please review my discussion note on this topic.  It is entirely ineffective
to have a "judicial" process for this sort of problem.  The most that is
feasible is after-the-fact accountability.

Consider the denial-of-service attack that has been going on with a number
of major ISPs this past week, or so.  Would you like to require that they
go through a cumbersome legal process before being allowed to stop the
actions that are preventing them from being able to do business?

>This is exactly the reason that one individual should not be deciding who
>is filtered from the list.

Unless, of course, you want the filtering to be useful.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA

Gong Xi Fa Cai   /  Selamat Tahun Baru Cina