[ga-full] Re: [ga] Another Resignation

Roberto and all,

  It is indeed a shame that the majority of Stakeholders will not be
represented in Cairo.  But I am not surprised at this.  It has been
pretty much the status quo for ICANN thus far, so why change
now.

  However on second thought it is just as well that the DNSO general
Assembly is nor represented as we do not yet have legitimately elected
representatives.  Of course this also goes for the newer ICANN Board
members as well as the NC.  So I suppose they will be speaking and acting
in our behalf, even though they are not representative of us.  How sad.

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Mark,
>
> >..... I had hoped that Mr Gaetano's Chair would constitute an agenda,.
> recruit representatives for the Cairo meeting etc, but this does not
> seem to have happened yet.
>
> I have made twice some proposals for items to prepare for the Cairo
> meeting (and generally for discussions in the list).
> The only answered I received were from people telling me that they were
> not going to Cairo.
> Frankly, under these circumstances, I have to surrender to the evidence
> that the GA will not have a physical meeting in Cairo (which I
> personally consider a shame, but unfortunately it is the reality).
>
> BTW, if the GA does not hold a physical meeting in Cairo, I personally
> object to have some sort of "representatives" that are supposed to
> speake for all.
>
> Regards
> Roberto

Jeffrey A. Williams