[ga-full] Re: [ga] Registration process suggestion

Joe and all Assembly members,

  I for one don't really know what "Trusted People" really means in this context
as it relates to this Mailing list of the the DNSO Assembly Members.  It
is I suppose possible that a discussion on this could be conducted and
determined by the Assembly Members.  I would fear that such a debate
or discussion would be more of a"Witch Hunt" rather than a constructive
discussion or debate.

  We already have false statements made by the DNSO List Admin. towards
some individuals on the Archive that would likely be used as an excuse or
reason to exclude other Assembly members.  Be that as it may, the White
Paper allow for ALL "Interested Parties" to participate irrespective of
someone's or some groups trust in them.

!Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
> > I think the certification issue is a red herring and the electoral process
> > suggestions are correct. Short of volunteering myself as a collection point
> > for a Voters' roll, I continue to urge the DNSO secretariat to do this
> > through its website.
>
> I agree - the certification issue is bogus.  I personally like your
> approach of "trusted people" registering the vote.  If it's ready to go -
> I'm here.  There are some issue on which we don't agree - but I don't
> think their astronomical.
>
> But in respect of the "trusted people" you mentioned in earlier posts, you
> may remember I provided a potential list of "trusted people" Harald
> approved of - but have yet to see Harald respond.
>
> Why dont' you contact the members on that list and invite them to be our
> trusted persons.
>
> > Let's get on with voluntary registration and just challenge multiple
> > registrations if there is solid ground to believe that they are multiple.
>
> This I disagree with.  It's time to put an end to the bull, including
> claims that people aren't people etc. etc.  Remeber Joop, we are here
> representing the interest of the common people on this planet.  That's a
> serious trust and as such we can not be subjected to claims of fraud and
> other irregularities.  It's time to sort the real from the imaginary on
> both sides of the fence.  People must be treated equally and the GA must
> not be in a position to entertain claims of fraud or that people are non
> people.
>
> > I hope you can also bear to be wrong. I just made the posting to correct
> > the "myth of the 286 in the Third World" . I know you may see them
>
> We'll we both agree the whole certification process is a red herring.
>
> regards
> Joe

James Touton
Legal and Policy Advisory Council,