Re: [ga-full] Re: [ga] Message from the Chair - List Rules

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

[...]
> My only hope is that we can bring this matter to a vote, and that either
>  group will accept the result, and live with the situation.

[...]

Now that the people who object to the unilateral imposition of the filter
rules have left en mass, I wonder if there is any reasonable doubt as to
how this second poll will come out? (I gather the first straw poll, taken
before the rules were imposed in the absence of consensus, was
inconclusive? )

Is there any plan to attempt to get a more representative electorate?

PS. This message came to me from "ga-full" resulting in the duplicated
topic header seen above.  This seems to have a number of unfortunate (and
I suspect unanticipated) results:

*it segregates comments by which list people read;

*it makes each post a sort of political statement, and

* (worst of all?) it makes reading a single thread in the correct order
very difficult if it is composed of comments from readers of the two lists
if your mail reader threads by subject as mine does.  Is there anything
that can be done about this?  Perhaps the two lists could use the same
[name] in the subject line, but have different footers appended to
messages when forwarded ("This message came to you from the 'whatever'
list.  To unsubscribe send a message to 'address'.)

                        -->It's warm here.<--